Our School Vision
Our school vision is aligned to that of the First Federation Trust. At Westcliff Primary Academy we are committed to providing a positive, safe and stimulating environment putting children at the heart of everything we do. The school values underpin daily life at Westcliff and we aim to ensure our pupils have every opportunity to become lifelong learners and healthy, responsible citizens. We believe that our broad and balanced curriculum offers exciting and motivating learning experiences, relevant to the wider world, and in which children have a voice. Through shared high expectations we challenge all pupils to achieve their goals and to fulfil their potential.
Our Aims are:
- To offer pupils a broad and balanced curriculum, which facilitates the development of knowledge, skills and understanding.
- To develop every pupil’s self esteem through promoting self-discipline so that each individual achieves his or her true potential.
- To develop the children’s creative abilities enabling them to have enquiring flexible minds.
- To develop the children’s social, moral and cultural understanding with an awareness and celebration of the multicultural world in which we live.
- To develop an aptitude for lifelong learning throughout the whole school community.
Through these aims our goal is to provide a learning environment where children develop their own learning power by developing the 4 R’s of the twenty first century of Resourcefulness, Resilience, Reflectiveness and Reciprocity.
Our School Values were chosen by the school council in 2016 which took into account the opinions and views of all children in the school.
Determination - Kindness - Respect - Honesty - Manners - Teamwork
These five values underpin daily life at Westcliff. They encompass characteristics that we all aim to foster and they are celebrated by both children and staff.