Westcliff Primary Academy
Nurture, Develop, Inspire
Our School Vision
Our school vision is aligned to that of the First Federation Trust. At Westcliff Primary Academy we are committed to providing a positive, safe and stimulating environment putting children at the heart of everything we do. The school values underpin daily life at Westcliff and we aim to ensure our pupils have every opportunity to become lifelong learners and healthy, responsible citizens. We believe that our broad and balanced curriculum offers exciting and motivating learning experiences, relevant to the wider world, and in which children have a voice. Through shared high expectations we challenge all pupils to achieve their goals and to fulfil their potential.
We have also combined these personal characteristics with learning tools that pupils will develop within our school curriculum. This group of words is known as our ‘learning back pack’.
- Nurture children’s social, moral and cultural understanding with an awareness and celebration of the multicultural world in which we live.
- Nurture every pupil’s self-esteem through promoting self-discipline so that each individual achieves his or her true potential.
- Nurture the children’s creative abilities enabling them to have enquiring flexible minds.
- Develop pupils speaking and listening skills through overt Oracy strategy
- Develop a love for reading and literature in all children
- Develop pupils to safely and effectively use technology to communicate
- Inspire pupils through a broad and balanced curriculum, which facilitates the development of knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Inspire an aptitude for lifelong learning throughout the whole school community.
Our School Values were chosen by the school council in 2016 which took into account the opinions and views of all children in the school.
Determination - Kindness - Respect - Honesty - Manners - Teamwork
These six values underpin daily life at Westcliff. They encompass characteristics that we all aim to foster and they are celebrated by both children and staff.
Our visions and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Staff, pupils and parents have collaborated to pin point what makes a successful learner at Westcliff Primary Academy. This have been formulated into six ‘tools’ we can pack into our ‘Learning Backpack’.
Here are our six ‘Learning Tools’ we can use each day:
Creativity – Perseverance – Critical Thinking – Pride – Communication - Curiosity
We also find it important to consider that pupils can only utilise their ‘Backpack’ when their basic needs are fulfilled.
‘When my mind is happy, my tummy is full and I feel safe: I am ready to be a successful learner.’